How to create the perfect Romantic Chignon this bridal seasonBridal Stylist, and multiple award winner, Annette Bradford from Elegance Bridal Coiffure shows us how to style your client's hair to create the perfect Romantic Chignon bun for their big day. Read on for her step by step...
Step by step:
- Start with hair that has not been cleansed for at least a day.
- Take a clean section from ear to ear just below the crown area. Create a traditional ponytail.
- Using a pin tail comb, proceed in back-combing the ponytail taking small sections each time to create a candy floss like texture to the hair.
- Using a pin tail comb, gently tease the hair to smooth the top of the ponytail and gently spritz a light hairspray to give moveable hold and shine.
- Mould the hair to create a ball shape and tuck the remaining into the nape area. Use hair grips to maintain the shape.
- Starting at the front hairline, take small sections and use heated rollers (or just normal rollers) to give additional volume and root lift.
- Proceed to back comb each section to create a candy floss texture.
- Gently mist hairspray over the entire shape and tease the hair whilst smoothing the cuticle.
- Where necessary use clips to hold the hair in place and maintain the shape.
- Once overall shape is created, use grips to keep the shape and hold hair in place.
- Using your fingers, tuck the hair under the bun and secure with grips.
- Stand back from your client/model and check your shape is balanced and that the hair is secure and all grips are hidden.
- Once you are happy with your completed look, apply a generous amount of strong hold hairspray over the entire shape to give extra hold and additional shine. Where necessary use your pin tail comb and your fingers to tease the hair to ensure that the final result is smooth and secure.
Hair by Annette Bradford:
Elegance Bridal Coiffure
6 Westbrook Centre,
Photography by BC Digi Phot Wedding Portrait Photographers:
Tel: 07772 324733