Senior Graphic Designer/ Graphic Designer FTC - Brighton
Senior Graphic Designer/ Graphic Designer – Fixed Term Contract
Head Office - outskirts of Brighton
37.5 hours per week
£28,000 - £30,000
Established over 60 years ago, we are a family business with 60 stores throughout the UK and Ireland; along with a very successful website this makes us the largest independent wholesale supplier to the professional hair & beauty industry in the UK.
Supplying cutting edge brands such as L’Oréal, Wella, Goldwell, Schwarzkopf, TIGI, OPI, Redken, Color Wow, Babyliss and many more, making us a one stop shop for the industry.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Graphic Designer/ Graphic Designer to join our head office team in Hollingbury Brighton on a fixed term contract. You will have creative input across all design aspects of the business.
The bulk of the role will be designing and overseeing high quality artwork in a variety of print, large format and digital marketing materials including emails, web graphics, flyers, brochures & point of sale/packaging. The role will involve:
- Manage all graphic design requests and ensure they are resourced internally and associated deadlines are met.
- Oversee all design projects from concept to delivery; including emails, web graphics, social media posts, flyers, brochures, external/internal signage (for stores), point of sale, packaging, presentations and more.
- Review Artworker’s and other team member’s drafts to ensure quality and brand consistency.
- Be the Capital Brand Guardian, ensuring consistency throughout all external and internal communications.
- Contribute or produce copy for various materials including campaigns, email introductions, social posts and more.
- Owning the brand guidelines and updating if necessary.
- Organise and catalogue design assets, including stock imagery bank.
- Contribute ideas to marketing planning meetings.
- Liaise with external companies such as printers, copywriters, design agencies, web developers and more.
- Supervise the Artworker in day-to-day matters relating to their employment and work tasks (and provide regular 1:1’s and feedback during Performance Development Reviews).
- Provide coaching and training to the Artworker on a day-to-day basis.
- Review other team members design drafts and provide support and coaching on a day-to-day basis.
Your skills & experience
- Minimum 5 years graphic design experience, including supervising other designers.
- Educated to degree level in a design related subject, or Graphic Design experience.
- Very strong knowledge of all Adobe software (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Good video editing skills (ideally using an Adobe video editing software).
- Good knowledge of Power point.
- Excellent knowledge of print production and providing print ready files.
- Created and worked with brand guidelines.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with excellent time management and organisational skills, ideally within a retail/e-commerce sector.
- You must be a team player, willing to help in other areas of the business if required.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Previous experience of the hair/beauty sector, and/or an interest in visual merchandising would be an advantage.
If you are looking for the opportunity to change or further your career by joining a highly successful Company, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn & Website only ad)
We thank you for your interest in working for Capital Hair & Beauty and for taking the time to apply today.
Capital processes Job Applicant’s data within the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For the recruitment of this role the Company is not basing decisions on automated decision making.