OPI: How to create the perfect home manicure
With the salons closed, and no colleagues close by to give you a cheeky post-work mani, we reached out to OPI and nail artist Amy Tann to how what makes the perfect at-home manicure, because it’s no secret that the perfect nailfie starts with a proper manicure.
This is also a great chance to carry on with practice and inspiration, and try out all those nail art and daring colours your always wanted to, before you reopen your business to your clients.
Here are 10 easy steps to achieve the PERFECT manicure:
Prep for Perfection:
1. Properly prep nails by removing any oil/debris with OPI Lint-Free wipes and nail polish
2. Apply OPI Exfoliating Cuticle Cream to the area around the nail
3. Use an OPI Cuticle Stick to gently push back cuticles
4. Cleanse nail after nail prep is complete
5. File nails to preferred length and shape
6. Lightly buff nails to smooth out the surface
7. Cleanse nail a third time using OPI Lint-Free wipes as a final prep step
8. Apply 1 coat of OPI Nail Envy as a base coat for added strength
9. Apply 2 coats of OPI Nail Lacquer
10. Wait for Nail Lacquer to dry and lastly add 1 coat of OPI Top Coat to finish
Watch the full video tutorial HERE
Feeling creative? Why not add some nail art?!