Wedding hair: The boho brideWe’re really spoiling you with beautiful bridal hairdos recently, but if you haven’t yet found the look your client is aiming for, we’ve got two more gorgeous wedding updos for you to try. Here the talented bridal specialist Annette Bradford tells us how to achieve two types of boho bridal styles…
Boho Bride 1
2. Part the hair slightly to one side and braid the front section round to the nape, taking hair from underneath only. Holding the end of the braid tightly, gently pull at the braid from the top to the bottom to give it a loose feel. Secure with a band and repeat on the side section.
3. Take the top section of hair and clip out of the way. Tie the rest of the lower section in a band. Back comb the top section.
Tip: Try my candyfloss technique – use a comb or brush at an angle, gently brushing down the hair shaft. It creates a gorgeous, fluffy backcomb!
4. Smooth the top section over using a back comb brush and, meeting up with the lower section, before tying into a ponytail.
5. Take each braid across the ponytail and secure with a band. Use grips along the braids to keep them securely in place. Curl the loose ends with tongs or straighteners.
6. Backcomb the curled sections of hair and pin into place creating a loose and textured bun.
Boho Bride 2
Repeat steps 1 to 5.
6. Add a texture dust to the loose ends. Take a strand and hold the end with one hand and gently push the hair up to the top with the other, adding pins to secure in place.
What you will need:
Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
Wella Professionals Elements Lightweight Renewing Conditioner
L'Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART Full Volume Extra
Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Glamination Prime Prep Spray
Wella Professionals Thermal Image
TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray
IQ Matte Clever Dust
Comare 102 (MKII Dressing Out Comb)
Hair Tools Waved Grips 2 inch
Head Jog Ceramic Ionic Pink Radial 80 Brush (60mm)
Head-Gear Long Hair Brush
Isinis Brush Senior (133)
Scunci Polyband Hair Elastics – Clear
Scunci Style Pearl & Dia Flower Bobby Pins
Carla Stillman Photography