OIL: The New EssentialsAs we approach Winter it is important to look after your hair, skin and nails. A few years ago we would have shied away from slathering oils all over. Yes, they've always been great for a massage, but in 2018 we're using oils to keep our teeth white, cleanse our skin, soothe our scalps and so much more! Check out just some of the options on offer at your nearest Capital store and online.
Oils are the perfect pre-cleanse treatment, as they soften dead skin cells on the scalp. It's a great idea to apply an oil an hour before washing hair so that when it's time to shampoo, those dead cells wash away down the drain, leaving behind a scalp that's soft and clean.
1) Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment 30ml Frizzy hair is never a good look, and this is a great treatment to keep it at bay. Enriched with Macadamia and Argan oils, it's the perfect treat for hair that needs deep miniaturisation and is longing for some shine and elasticity
2) Argan Plus+ Luxury Oil Treatment 60ml If you're looking for a multi-tasker, this is the oil for you. A blend of Hemp and Argan oils, it promises brilliant shine, heat protection, frizz control, reduced drying time and super-fast absorption.
3) L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil 100ml
Avocado oil is the star ingredient in this gloss-inducing oil. It's perfect for using pre-blow dry, smoothed onto lengths and ends for a finish that's smooth and shiny.
For centuries we have used oils to relax and unwind our bodies, and today, more than ever, we still appreciate the merits of a good massage. But the below oils aren't just great for loosening tired limbs, they also leave skin nourished and glowing.
1) Strictly Professional Almond Oil 500ml Almond oil acts as a brilliant carrier for essential oils, and this one is also handy for mixing into a custom facial treatment. Rich in fatty acids, it's also ultra-soothing for irritated skin.
2) Kaeso Rejuvenating Geranium Massage Oil 495ml
Geranium is known to reduce anxiety, lessen fatigue and improve your mood, making it the perfect massage oil.
Using oils on the face has long been a habit in other parts of the world, but it's still a new-ish concept in the UK. Finally, women - and men - are understanding the powers of a good facial oil. As like attracts like, oils make for excellent first cleanses, as they take away the excess oil from our skin. They're also brilliant for overnight treatments.
1) Nature's Way Lavender Essential Oil 10ml Lavender oil seriously packs a punch - it heals, calms and soothes, prevents wrinkles and detoxifies. This one is 100 percent pure, making it perfect for adding to moisturisers and face washes to calm down angry skin.
2) Kaeso Elixir Facial Oil 50ml Recommend this one to your clients for an overnight treatment that will leave skin looking and feeling plump, revitalised and glowing. Great for mixing into foundation too!NAILS
1) OPI ProSpa Nail & Cuticle Oil 8.6ml If you love OPI's Avoplex, you're going to ADORE this multi-tasking oil. With grape seed, Kukui and sunflower oils it offers intense moisture while protecting and strengthening nails. Plus it smells UHmazing.